Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
TRACING YOUR ANCESTORS / Re: Tracing Your Ancestors Contest
« Last post by chief on April 11, 2018, 12:40:07 PM »
Congratulations to our 2 winners (user names: Seer & Tester) in the "Tracing Your Ancestors Contest". Each of their chosen ancestors will be traced back into the pre-Civil War era. Weekly updates of the findings will be posted on this forum under the topics"Tracing the Ancestors of Sam Brown"and "Tracing the Ancestors of Georgia Scott". But first, the 2 winners will complete a simple, information gathering questionnaire about their ancestors.
« Last post by tester on April 11, 2018, 12:03:21 AM »
I'm getting on in years now and I know so little about my heritage. My grandfather was named Sam Brown. He lived in Burke County, Georgia. I would love to learn all I can about him and my ancestors.
« Last post by seer on April 10, 2018, 11:38:23 PM »
My grandmother had a  brother named W.H. Hill. He married a woman called Georgia Scott. Uncle W.H. was born in Hancock County, Georgia, but later moved away. I am not sure where his wife was born, but I think her family lived in Warrenton, Georgia. Sometimes my mother would tell me about them. I remember her saying that Aunt Georgia was kin to the Indians. She even described her appearance and that of her mother. I would like to know more about Aunt Georgia's ancestors.
NEWS / Black Americans Claim Native American Heritage Poll
« Last post by chief on March 11, 2018, 09:48:31 PM »
Please participate in our Native American heritage poll. See details under Native American Heritage forum board.
NEWS / Tracing Your Ancestors Contest
« Last post by chief on March 11, 2018, 09:43:01 PM »
Win a chance to have your ancestor of color traced for free. View details below under "Tracing Your Ancestors" post.
NATIVE AMERICAN ANCESTRY / Black Americans Claim Native American Heritage
« Last post by chief on March 09, 2018, 08:52:23 PM »
Have you heard your ancestors mention Native American heritage? Researchers report that one out of every ten black Americans have Native American roots. One interviewer of former slaves reported that all the former slaves she questioned claimed Native American ancestry.Clearly, this is a topic warranting further research. Please participate in our poll and share your family's oral tradition about Native American heritage. You must register to participate in the poll. Poll closes April 30, 11:59 pm. Poll results will be posted on forum and can be viewed by all.
TRACING YOUR ANCESTORS / Tracing Your Ancestors Contest
« Last post by chief on March 09, 2018, 08:38:47 PM »
Win a chance to have an ancestor of color traced back to the pre-Civil War era. To enter, simply post why you're interested in tracing your ancestor on this forum under Roots Blog-Tracing Your Ancestors. Limit post to 150 words or less. Your chosen ancestor must have ties to Georgia. Two winners will be selected. Weekly updates of ancestor searches (winning contestants) will be posted on the forum. Privacy will be honored.

Tracing Your Ancestors Contest is sponsored by kinpeople.com and ends March 31,2018.
ABOUT / ABOUT
« Last post by chief on March 09, 2018, 08:03:02 PM »
Welcome!
Tell ye your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation.
BIBLE, Joel:1:3.

Many years ago, I began a journey that would change my life forever. I wanted to do something memorable on my birthday. That desire lead me to the local genealogy library where I began to research my family history. Since that day, I've learned much, shared much, and grown much. Thus, I have recorded nine generations of my family history in America. As the years passed,  I saw the world of genealogy advance technologically and open its doors to "people of color". In 1998, I pioneered one of the first websites for black genealogy in Georgia. So now I bring you kinpeople.com,  a place to "help U find YOU".

To access the full contents of the forum (all surnames, polls,etc.), you must register. Thank you and once again Welcome.

Sincerely,
Suzanne Pearson
Sa - Ur / Simmons, Larkin
« Last post by chief on March 05, 2018, 09:45:02 PM »
Seeking the descendants of Larkin Simmons. He was born around 1835 in Hancock County,Georgia. Larkin had children named Artemus, Levi, Reese, Richard,Thomas and Susan. Levi had a son named Frank who lived in the Devereaux Community of Hancock County.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8