Author Topic: Tracing Your Ancestors Contest  (Read 3562 times)

chief

• Administrator
  • Era2
Tracing Your Ancestors Contest
« on: March 09, 2018, 08:38:47 PM »
Win a chance to have an ancestor of color traced back to the pre-Civil War era. To enter, simply post why you're interested in tracing your ancestor on this forum under Roots Blog-Tracing Your Ancestors. Limit post to 150 words or less. Your chosen ancestor must have ties to Georgia. Two winners will be selected. Weekly updates of ancestor searches (winning contestants) will be posted on the forum. Privacy will be honored.

Tracing Your Ancestors Contest is sponsored by kinpeople.com and ends March 31,2018.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 08:49:41 PM by chief »

seer

• Era1
Re: Tracing Your Ancestors Contest
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 11:38:23 PM »
My grandmother had a  brother named W.H. Hill. He married a woman called Georgia Scott. Uncle W.H. was born in Hancock County, Georgia, but later moved away. I am not sure where his wife was born, but I think her family lived in Warrenton, Georgia. Sometimes my mother would tell me about them. I remember her saying that Aunt Georgia was kin to the Indians. She even described her appearance and that of her mother. I would like to know more about Aunt Georgia's ancestors.

tester

• Era1
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 12:03:21 AM »
I'm getting on in years now and I know so little about my heritage. My grandfather was named Sam Brown. He lived in Burke County, Georgia. I would love to learn all I can about him and my ancestors.

chief

• Administrator
  • Era2
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 12:40:07 PM »
Congratulations to our 2 winners (user names: Seer & Tester) in the "Tracing Your Ancestors Contest". Each of their chosen ancestors will be traced back into the pre-Civil War era. Weekly updates of the findings will be posted on this forum under the topics"Tracing the Ancestors of Sam Brown"and "Tracing the Ancestors of Georgia Scott". But first, the 2 winners will complete a simple, information gathering questionnaire about their ancestors.